Info on Chongdung Temple



Chongdung Temple s located within the cozy and historic Castle Samrangseong. It was founded by Andohwasang, a Buddhist Monk, who came from China in 375. There exists no evidence to prove or disprove this legend. It is know however, that the temple was restored by King Wonjong, 24th King of the Korye Dynasty )1260-1276). The original name of the temple was Jinjong Temple. It was renamed to Chongdung temple )Temple of donated Lantern) as a lantern was donated to the temple by the Queen of King Chung Ryol, 25th King of Koryo Dynasty (1275-1290).






© 2006 Elite Storm Chasers.com     All Rights Reserved